They say your kitchen is the heart of the home, it’s hard to feel that way when something goes wonky with the kitchen plumbing – completely dismantling the normal ebb and flow of daily life.
There is so much plumbing located within the heart of your home; from sinks to grease receptors, to garbage disposals and dishwashers. Kitchens house many various plumbing fixtures and it’s imperative that they all are functioning properly.
With so much plumbing one area, there comes much potential for malfunctions.
That’s where Plumbing West Seattle comes in; here are some kitchen plumbing services we provide to get your kitchen back to integrity and functionality:
- Leak Repair – As there are many plumbing elements in the kitchen, there are many places where leaks could occur. When you call us to take care of a leaky pipe or faucet in your kitchen – rest assured that we’ll find the root of the problem quickly and repair appropriately so that you’ll be water puddle free and functioning in no time.
- Dishwasher Repair – Your dishwasher is connected to your kitchen’s main water line. And, because of that connection the dishwasher can run and drain water the way it needs to function properly. When something disturbs this process, it will cause your dishwasher to work improperly. We can address and fix the problem for you, quickly and effectively.
- Drain Cleaning – Drain cleaning is done in some situations to try to reduce and eliminate blockages and buildup that are hindering proper functionality. Drain cleaning is best used as a preventative maintenance. As with anything, prevention is key, and if appropriate steps like drain cleaning are done on a regular basis, you will have less plumbing issues as time goes on.
- Garbage Disposal Repair + Replacement – There’s no doubt about it, garbage disposals are a great invention. Especially for avid bakers and people that enjoy cooking, as they can help ease the mess along the way. However, it’s factual that not many people know how to properly use a garbage disposal. Most garbage disposal malfunctions are a result of unintentionally misusing your garbage disposal. Plumbing West Seattle will not only fix the problem at hand with your garbage disposal, but we will leave you with the tool of knowledge so that you know all the do’s and don’ts of garbage disposals.
- Installations + Replacements – Remodeling? Or is just ‘time’ to replace some old fixtures and plumbing? We’re happy to help with that as well. Every plumbing need, every step of the way. Plumbing West Seattle is here for you.
- On Demand Hot Water Repair – When the instant hot water within your kitchen fails to work, the situation can become cold quick. There is a plethora of reasons as to why you may be experiencing on demand hot water failure and we’ll quickly figure out how to resolve the issue for you indefinitely.
As we see a lot of garbage disposal issues, we also receive a fair amount of questions in regard to garbage disposals and how you can keep them from smelling and maintain them safely from home.
We’ve compiled some garbage disposal information for you, our Plumbing West Seattle customer.
5 Ways to Rid your Garbage Disposal of Stink
Has your sink become a source of stink? It’s never good having foul or less than desirable odors radiating throughout the kitchen – although, if you’re looking to eat less it may be a good appetite suppressant. A stinky sink is a common issue – this tends to happen overtime as food particles tend to build up. Build up frequently occurs in the garbage disposal around its non-moving parts.
Here are 5 easy ways you can safely and effectively keep your garbage disposal clean and odorless:
1 – Weekly Cleanings
Add your garbage disposal to the list of things that need cleaned on a weekly basis. A good scrub down once a week will rid your garbage disposal of all that pesky food build up, eliminating the potential odor maker on sight. With a cleaner that is kitchen-friendly and ideally an abrasive sponge, clean deep down into the garbage disposal. Take extra time on the non-moving parts as they accumulate more food debris than the moving parts and blades.
2 – Citrus Infused Sink
After cleaning your sink and garbage disposal well, you can then go a step further – and make it smell good. Save your grapefruit, orange or lemon peels – cut them into small chunks and grind them up in the garbage disposal. Wa-la. Citrus infused sink. If you’re a fan of citrus smells and looking for an eco-friendly way to liven up your kitchen, give this a try today!
3 – Routine Water “Flushes”
In a lot of kitchens, the garbage disposal isn’t something that gets used quite often, this lack of use can lead to less than delightful smells. Many people tend to use the garbage disposal, and then kind of forget about it. Make a point to rinse your garbage disposal out after each use. Turn the water onto hot, and let it flow into the running garbage disposal – doing this for 30 seconds after use will greatly help prevent buildup and foul odors.
4 – Prevention
A great way to prevent smells and build up in your garbage disposal is by proper use. Your garbage disposal is a powerful tool, but, there are certain foods that are not okay to dispose of this way.
Foods to avoid include, but aren’t limited to:
- Onion Peels
- Coffee Grounds
- Fruit Pits
5 – Dislodge Slimy Build Up
Another great way to get rid of buildup and slime that has accumulated in your garbage disposal is using salt and ice. It’s simple. Pour a few cups of ice cubes into your garbage disposal, then turn the disposal on – add a cup of salt to the mix as well. The combination of the ice and salt work as a powerful scrubbing agent as it works its way down. Simple supplies, simple thing to try.
Now you’ve got some great ideas on dismantling that sink odor – round up your supplies and give them a try. Your sink thanks you, as does your whole kitchen.
Give Plumbing West Seattle a call today for your free kitchen or bathroom plumbing consultation and estimate – you can’t run a business or home with bad kitchen and bathroom plumbing. Let us work for you!
Key Benefits of Service
Whether you require simply deplete cleaning or a whole pipes registration, call our group of qualified and talented plumber. We take pride in the work we perform with our dedicated staff.
- Emergency Service
- Licensed, Bonded & Insured
- Quality Reputation
- Locally Owned & Operated
Get A Free Estimate
We are more than happy to give advice on which solution is most suitable for your needs, depending on your Plumbing Serviecs. Why not ask us to view your property and discuss the various options with you now. Our advice is free!